Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Change or Growth: Your Choice

I came across an interesting quote last week: Change is inevitable but growth is optional. Since I read it, the quote has resonated with me for an entire week. I keep thinking that we, the educators, communicate this to our students through our actions and often through our words on a daily basis. We certainly expect our students not only to change but also to grow. I wonder, though, how often we, the educators, tell ourselves this and apply this to our own lives and to our professional journeys. Surely we hope the adults in the school buildings where we work will be different at the end of the year than at the beginning, and surely we hope the difference is due not only to change but also, and more importantly, to growth.

I presented this idea to my faculty this morning as their thought for the week. Consider challenging those around you with this idea, too.

No comments: